EVE Update - May 2019
Dear Eagleview Families,
How can it already be May?! This school year has just flown by, faster than normal, it seems! We have just a few short weeks before summer vacation begins, and we are jam-packed with end of the year activities.
As I reflect on the school year, here are a few of my highlights:
● We had a successful first year implementing our new reading resource (American Reading Company) with a primary goal of
elevating a literacy-rich culture throughout the school
● Our school was rated as a “Performance” school and continues
to show academic growth and performance across the grade
All classrooms have been upgraded with new instructional
technology (projectors, interactive whiteboards, amplification systems). We were able to upgrade our classrooms as a result of the 2016 BOND.
Our EPTP raised $20,000 during our EVE Soaring Sprint which allowed us to purchase:
○ Additional technology to supplement the IU upgrades supported by the BOND.
○ Purchase new books for classroom libraries
○ Technology subscriptions for student use in the
○ Positive behavior incentives
○ EVE Scholarships for two graduating seniors
On a personal note, I am forever grateful for the tremendous support the community has shown me as a principal, friend, colleague during a personally-trying year.
Thanks so much for your continuous support and for a tremendous 2018-2019 school year! . If you have any comments, questions, feedback or compliments, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bianca Porter, Principal