Mrs. Newberry's Class
Welcome to Mrs. Newberry's online classroom! Here you will find what you need as we navigate our online learning tools and resources. Remote Learning starts April 1st, 2020. Here you can find important information about our 2nd grade class such as: reference documents for parents and students, what are we currently working on for the week (Weekly Boards), links to Seesaw and any other things we will need on our online learning journey!
Learning Boards will be sent via messenger to your email and posted in SeeSaw to protect class code information!
- Classroom Learning Updates will be sent out on Seesaw on by Monday 8am. This will be for that week (M-F). Please keep in mind, the learning board will be independent work for your children. I will occasionally have recorded videos and teach mini-lessons.
- Office Hours: M: 8am-10am, T: 1pm-3pm, W: 8am-10am, TH: 5pm-7pm, F: 1pm-3pm. You may email me any questions you may have and I will answer quickly during my office hours or we may arrange a Google Hangout meeting.
All learning activities are intended to be done over the course of a week. Each learning board will be posted by Sunday to this website! This is so you may take a look at what the next week has in store. The Activity pages on SeeSaw might not be posted until Monday morning 8am. We suggest that students spend at least 60 minutes learning a day, however, we recognize each student and family has individual needs. It is the expectation that all activities are completed by Sunday evening. After this time I will take weekly attendance based on student engagement.
Each week student participation will be evaluated using the following scale:
- Green- indicates 85-100% task completion/engagement
- Yellow- indicates 50-84% task completion/engagement
- Red- indicates student 49% or below with task completion/engagement *requires a check
- Attendance Expectations: In this remote learning environment grading and attendance go hand in hand.
Seesaw: (link below) Was chosen as our learning platform. This platform was chosen due to its ability to allow students to work on activities AWAY from the “screen” but still report to the teacher on their work through the use of photos or recordings of their work. This will support households where multiple persons are using one device while promoting young learners access away from the screens.
Parents, please be patient with me! This learning is new for me as well. The best way to get ahold of me is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org I will do my best to answer promptly.