Transition to Fully Remote Learning
Dear Eagleview Families,
I know the recent news about our transition back to remote learning has come along a long list of disappointments for 2020, however the one thing that has not changed is our commitment and passion for our Eagleview community. I recognize this transition impacts families on many levels. This is not how we envisioned our school year to go, and yet we are so appreciative of your support and partnership while we navigate the uncharted territory in education.
As we make the shift next week, I wanted to share some important information/resources with families. I will also put items on our school website for ongoing reference.
Monday, November 16th
- Asynchronous Day -Teachers will host a morning meeting at 8:00 a.m. and assign asynchronous work for students to complete independently.
Tuesday, November 17th
Remote Learning Begins (Grade Level Schedules HERE)
- To strike the right balance of synchronous and asynchronous work, the students will be live with teachers from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- All grade levels will have a common lunch time from 11:15-11:45 a.m.
- From 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., teachers will be meeting with small groups, individuals for targeted instruction; host office hours; students will engage in asychronous work independently (aligned with whole group instruction).
- Remote Learning Begins (Grade Level Schedules HERE)
Monday, November 23-27th
- School Closed for Thanksgiving Break
Monday, November 30th
- Remote Learning School Resumes
- The picture retake day scheduled for November 18th has been postponed. We will communicate a new date when it is available.
- Upon receiving our school t-shirt orders, we will communicate and coordinate a pick up for families who submitted an order form.
- Your child's teacher will be the main contact during remote learning. Please be sure to communicate your needs, questions, and concerns directly to them via their contact information. The main building will also be remote, and messages sent to voicemail may be delayed.
- Free breakfast and lunch for students and community youth (ages 1-18) will be available via drive thru or walk up service at multiple locations across the district. Specific times and locations can be found at https://www.adams12.org/nutrition
- As we transition to remote learning, daily attendance remains a priority. Please note that teachers will be taking attendance twice a day. Once in the morning, and again in the afternoon after lunch. Please continue to call the attendance line if your child will not be attending @ 720-972-5778.
- In preparation for each day of online learning, please see a daily checklist for families and students. It is important to mimic the school environment as much as possible, and therefore we have created a cheat sheet for reference!
As we transition to full-time remote learning, the district will continue to support students and families with their technology needs.
If your child is in need of a learning device or assistance with internet service to participate in full-time remote learning:
Visit our Family Tech Support website at https://familytechsupport.adams12.org/
Call (720) 972-4120, press 1.
If you have a broken district-owned device, please contact your child’s school to receive a replacement device or visit https://familytechsupport.adams12.org/ and click "Submit a Request" at the top of the page on the right.
For all other tech support questions about remote learning or online learning platforms, visit https://familytechsupport.adams12.org/ and click "Submit a Request" at the top of the page.
I am saddened that this is our reality, and want you to know your children are my priority! Change is difficult and we recognize that some of the things that students look forward to most about school will be missing. We will continue to RISE to the CHALLENGE to meet both the social emotional and academic needs of our school community. My heart is full of gratitude to have this opportunity to serve Eagleview -- thank you for that!
As November is the month of gratitude - please share your gratitude with your child's teacher, your student, or community member! (Share this pic alongside your message and pay it forward!)
Wishing everyone a great weekend ahead. Please stay safe and healthy!
Bianca Porter, Principal